This video is a promotion for our book. The book is made out of haikus that are based on our lives. We made them ourselves. On the video you can hear some of them. The book is made by the International Program by Julia Deleska (14 years old), Julia Adamczyk (14 years old), Natalia Kamizela (13 years old), Paula Maćkowiak (13 years old), Marika Grelak (14 years old), Maja Kopczyńska (13 years old), Mateusz Król (13 years old). All of these students are from class 1AB.
„Flower Interlude” Room 94
Twillight – The meadow
Cleo – Na pół (karaoke)
Karate Kyokushin – the style of my life
My name is Julia Deleska. I’m 14 years old. I train Karate Kyokushin for 8 years. I watched a lot of films about martial arts and that inspired me to try it out. Today it’s my hobby. Me training Karate also inspired my mum and sister to try it out. On my first Karate class I was really shy and stressed out. I didn’t really talk to anyone. I wasn’t really fit at the time by then but now I’m actually quite good. Now I know self- defense. This sport is very useful, because if somebody would attack me then I would know how to defend myself. It’s very important to use the Karate techniques only when it’s needed. It’s not only about self- defense but it’s also fun.I am very active and I compete in many national competitions.
Karate Kyokushin is based on seven rules named „Kyokushin Dojo Oath”:
We will train our hearts and bodies for a firm, unshaking spirit.
- We will pursue the true meaning of the Martial Way, so that in time our senses may be alert.
- With true vigor, we will seek to cultivate a spirit of self-denial.
- We will observe the rules of courtesy, respect our superiors, and refrain from violence.
- We will follow our religious principles, and never forget the true virtue of humility.
- We will look upwards to wisdom and strength, not seeking other desires.
- All our lives, through the discipline of karate, we will seek to fulfill the true meaning of the Kyokushin Way.
In my opinion, karate is far more than just punching and kicking. It shows how you can live, feel and be an honorable person. Karate teaches techniques that build balance, coordination, endurance, flexibility, strength and posture. Practising of karate can also improve the level of concentration. If you are impulsive by nature, you should try to karate. Karate will help you to make clear.
Karate is my passion and lifestyle.
Julia Deleska, 1 Ab class
Drama Classes in Action
Why we teach drama…
The answer is simple:
- Drama is an essential form of behaviour in all cultures. In my opinion, it is a fundamental human activity.
- Drama has the potential, as a diverse medium, to enhance cognitive, affective and motor development.
- Drama is a unique tool to explore and express human feeling.
You can see pictures of my students. They are playing their emotions.